Sunday, April 27, 2008

A day of firsts

Well today was a day for first in 2008..

1. I mowed the lawn - back and front
2. I weeded most of the front garden
3. It hit 16c or for the Americans out there 61f
4. so all the above was done in shorts and t-shirt

YYYYYAAAAAYYYYY

I have to laugh because only I few years ago that to us was cold, Brisbane's winter temp is about 18c so 16c was a day for coats and hot choc......fast forward 3yrs and even 12c is conceded warm once we get to these temp we start to pack up the heavy winter coats and go for the wind and water proof jackets.

because I spend the summer in Australia (winter there) last year I really haven't had a summer since 2006.....all I can say is bring it on baby!!!!

5 comments:

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Just a quick note to let you know that I think you have a cute blog. I sometimes blog hop and am always interested in sites from other Christian moms. Blessings to you and your sweet family.

Erica said...

Thank you for your encouragement today.
Enjoy that beautiful weather...I am already ready for the cool breeze to return and it's not even June! Ha!
Have a great day.

Kara Akins said...

The things people do for Jesus. I feel for you b/c I am not into cold weather. I can't take it. I grew up in Florida but even here in Tennessee/Georgia (I love on the border of two states, literally - I go into TN more than GA but I live in GA) - anyway, it's not that cold here. I did a shiver thinking about being in shorts in 61 degrees - wouldn't of had a clue was 18c was, so thinks!

Good to see you again. I'm going to go watch your video now on your other post.
Love you!
Kara

Kara Akins said...

In my comment it is suppose to say I LIVE on the border - not love on it.....!

Anonymous said...

Still sounds too cool for me! I love checking your blog.