Friday, July 10, 2009

Blessings!!

Well this week i discovered that my UK visa don't expire in November as we thought it's expiry date is September AAARRRHHH. Then after much Internet surfing found that it was going to cost me £820 pound to become a resident....AAARRRHHH times 2. After a minor heart attack over were on earth were we going to get the money for that and pay for ticket to Australia in September, I surfed some more and on closer examination of my visa and the wording, which says "Indefinite leave to enter" realised that I don't have to renew just transfer my visa to my new passport or travel with 2 passport... All the website talk about "indefinite leave to remain" visas, but it has to do with where you were when you received your visa, me I was not in the UK there for my visa says Enter..not remain. Anyway we are counting our blessing and truly relieved that this is the case. But now have to get on and get a new passport before November.

Really it's a good thing that I checked my visa because I thought that it expired in November so I would have got to the Airport in September with an expired passport.....now that would not have been a good thing!!!!

No comments: